Sunday, June 23, 2013

Rewriting -- let me know your recipes for success

I love to bake.  Measuring, mixing, stirring and putting the dough into a pan are my favorite things to do in the kitchen.  

Decorating and frosting are not my strengths.  I really just want to slap some frosting on the cake and eat it!

Unfortunately, my approach to rewriting is closer to my cake decorating skills than I really like.  I want to be a meticulous editor and poet who analyzes every word, phrase and sentence in my books and makes them perfect, but I'm not like that.

My goal for this new draft is to be patient.  Let the cake cool.

Plan how I want it to look.  Pick out the right decorations.  Have the right tools in hand.  

I am going to take my time and make this book beautiful.  

And then I'm going to eat it and enjoy it!  

Let me know how you approach rewriting -- I'd love to hear your experiences and how you decorate your cakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment