Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 5 Last night

After work yesterday, I came home and we had dinner and then we started watching an older movie starring Gene Hackman, "The Conversation."  He's such an oddball actor -- the unlikely romantic hero.  I don't know how he does it.

Almost passing out on the couch, we stopped the movie with about an hour left to finish up today.  I went to bed to read my Kindle for a while, but then realized I had not done my 1500 words!  I did something I've never done before -- I wrote a chapter in bed!

The only real message I have about that is that sometimes writers have to write in weird places and grab the time they need to keep the story moving.

I'm working on some tough scenes with a lot of bickering and fighting and mixed communications, so it's strange that these scenes are coming out in an almost gentle writing style.  I expected that this section would be fast-paced, angry and loud, but it's almost the opposite.  The madder she gets at the rest of the group, the more she's moving inside herself.  Strange how characters in a book can surprise even the writer!

Today, is actually day 4, so I'll update you again after I write the next chapter which is literally the explosive point of the book.  Almost every character I've written about in this book is in the same place at the same time in the next chapter; including the killer she's tracking.

Chapter 36 should be fun to write (I love scary scenes).

I've actually already written chapters 38-40, so I'm down to just 2 more draft chapters.  I can't even start to tell you how great that feels about working on this draft since October 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment