Saturday, March 16, 2013

HOW to "Write Happy"

What makes you happy writing?



Whatever makes you happy writing, NO ONE can tell you how to write, what to write, when to write, and especially, WHY you write.

Being happy writing, for me, means I write what, when and how I want to write.  I don't care what anyone else thinks about my writing with the exception of my friends/fans.  I care about them.  I write for their enjoyment.

How to "Write Happy"


1)  Shut out the noise.  Noise = TV, music, book reviews, books you're reading, thoughts you have about everything except the story.  You need a break from the noise to write happy.  Mentally push the volume "off" button and write.

2)  Say thank you.  Thank you for being alive.  Thank you for letting me have so much fun writing!  Thank you for the joy my writing brings to others.  Thank you for allowing me to put my thoughts into words.  Thank you for all the noise (when I'm not writing!)

3)  Be selfish.  Take time to write what you want to write.  If you write for a living and have a contract, finish the work so you can WRITE!  Find fun ways to write for yourself.  Use Dragon dictation and write in the car.  Squirrel away ideas you want to write about.  Find pleasure in your own secret writing plans.

4) Expect the unexpected.  It's OK to imagine your book becoming a bestseller or being read and loved by a big movie producer and made into a movie.  Magic happens.  Find joy in all the nice things people say to you after reading your book or for just writing a book.  Revel in it.  You're cool!  You wrote a book!  A friend of mine I hadn't heard from in a few years called me out of the blue yesterday and told me how brave I am to write a book.  It felt really good to hear.  Thank you!

5)  Stop when you're bored or you're done for the day.  I wish YOU all the best and I want you to stop reading about how to be happy writing and go do it!  I would rather discuss this with you in the comments below than try to pull a #6 out of a hat.  My coffee is getting cold and my story is waiting for me.

HAPPY WRITING!
Shawna

shawnasbooks@hansenonline.net
Check out my books on Amazon, BN & Smashwords :)


No comments:

Post a Comment