Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day Three - Feeling the Crunch!

The reason why I called this blog ZAP! Writing is because sometimes when I'm writing or thinking about writing it feels like my head just got hit by lightning.

I'm at the point in finishing my draft where I have to make the reader feel like that, too.  I want to surprise the reader with the story, but at the same time, electrify their thoughts and make them want to read so fast that they can't breathe.  

Here's the thing -- for me, I usually think I already know the story as I am writing it, but it's a great feeling when the story surprises me and takes me down an expected path.  So for me, that's a ZAP!

The zaps are what make writing fun.  

I love having a little pressure to finish the draft.  When the draft was dragging out over months and months, I was really unhappy.  I feel so happy that I have only 3 days left to get the story down on paper.

It's going to be great to shift to edit mode!

Thinking ahead - my next book is going to be about a character in the current book, Sofia.  I'm watching for opportunities to bring in a few "hints" about the next book, "A Guy's Last Request."

No comments:

Post a Comment