Saturday, August 11, 2012

I'm A Reader!


Flipping through the Fall Movie Preview edition of Entertainment Weekly (August 17/24, 2012), I adored the Q+A with Stephenie Meyer, author of the Twilight series.

The interviewer went through the usual ropes - how does she feel about completing the movies, what to expect from the filming of The Host, the unusual choice of the baby's name from Breaking Dawn, what her favorite Twilight movie was, etc etc. Link to EW Q+A

The usual blah blah blah...

THEN...
"Q:  When you were writing the first Twilight, could you ever have imagined it would become such a phenomenon?
A:  If I'd had any idea that anyone would see what I was doing, I'd have stopped immediately.  I'd never have been able to finish it.  It's a huge amount of pressure, and it's taken me forever to be able to call myself an author.  I'm a reader, and to me authors are magical creatures."

Love you Stephenie Meyer! bravo bravo!

So glad you kept writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment